Fly In The Balloon Festival Mother’s Day Weekend In Walla Walla Washington
Mother’s Day is a perfect time for families to come together and celebrate the women who have nurtured and loved them throughout their lives. And what better way to show your appreciation than by taking her on an unforgettable adventure to one of the most extraordinary annual events, The Walla Walla Balloon Stampede hot air balloon festival in Washington State. That’s right; it’s time to help mom or that special lady check that hot air balloon ride off her bucket list in epic fashion!
Location: Walla Walla Washington
Located in the picturesque town of Walla Walla (a 40-minute flight from Seattle or a 4-hour drive), the festival brings together two dozen hot air balloon pilots for a weekend of flying over the rolling vineyards and charming streets of this lovely community. Imagine soaring above the lush wineries as the sun rises over The Blue Mountains, watching the colors of the balloons dance across the sky like a kaleidoscope of colors.
Walla Walla Balloon Stampede 2023
You’ll want to hurry, as the Walla Walla Balloon Festival (Balloon Stampede) is a hot ticket, and flights fill up super fast, so you’ll want to book your spot soon. Trust us. You don’t want to miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime experience. Hot air balloon festivals and events are very rare in the Northwest. There are only 3 balloon festivals each year; most do not offer hot air balloon rides to the public.
Participating in the festival is a one-of-a-kind experience that you and your mom will never forget. It’s also an activity that the entire family can participate in. Bring mom, bring grandma, and all the grandkids! You can choose to fly in a balloon for one day or multiple days during the festival and experience the thrill of being lifted high into the sky by the gentle heat of the balloon’s burners. It’s an exhilarating and dreamy feeling, like being on top of the world. Best mother’s day ever? Yup!
Great For Kids And Adults
The Walla Walla Balloon Festival experience is truly magical, like something out of a fairytale. The festival also offers a unique opportunity to fly with two dozen other balloons, creating a stunning aerial spectacle that will take your breath away. It’s like being part of a giant colorful flock of birds gliding through the sky.
Seattle Ballooning is the commercial local hot air balloon tour operator in Walla Walla, providing both sunrise and sunset flight in Walla Walla throughout the Spring and Fall. Instead of launching from Howard Tietan park with the large group of balloons flying over downtown Walla Walla, the commercial balloons start from the wineries just a few miles south, giving an opportunity to get the best views. Seattle Ballooning’s hot air balloon tours will join the other balloons in flight and all land together.
Walla Walla Balloon Festival Weekend With Flight Details:
- The Walla Walla Balloon festival takes place on Mother’s Day weekend, from May 11th to May 14th, 2023.
- Hot air balloon rides are available during the festival, with a duration of 60 minutes, and include a champagne toast and refreshments.
- The entire experience, including pick-up and drop-off, lasts around 2.5 hours.
- Take advantage of the Night Glow, a special event where balloons light up the park!
- Mass ascensions take place at sunrise each day of the festival.
- Seattle Ballooning will also be offering sunset flights with multiple balloons.
Walla Walla Balloon Stampede Balloon Glow
Another cool event during the Walla Walla balloon festival is the night balloon glow. 8-10 hot air balloons inflate at Dusk at Howard Tietan Park on Friday or Sat of the event. It’s a fun activity for kids and adults! Check the FB page for details on the glow.
Walla Walla Wine Tasting
But the adventures in Walla Walla don’t end there. The town is also home to some of the most renowned wineries in the state, and taking a spring-release wine-tasting tour is the perfect way to cap off your day of flying. Mother’s day doesn’t get better than this! Sip on delicious wines and savor the flavors as you take in the stunning views of the vineyards. It’s like a match made in heaven, the perfect pairing of a beautiful view and delicious wine.
For families who live in Seattle, Washington, or Portland, Walla Walla is the perfect destination for a Mother’s Day weekend getaway. It’s a short drive from Seattle and offers a chance to bond with your mom in a unique and unforgettable way. Imagine the memories you’ll create as you fly together in a hot air balloon and taste the delicious wines of Walla Walla.
Wine Tour Options During Mother’s Day Weekend
Our favorite wine tour is with Tesla Wine Tours! It’s a fully customized adventure to Walla Walla’s best wineries. Be prepared to taste delicious wine and take home a case or two of your favorite Washington wines.
Brunch and Dinner Reservation On Mother’s Day Weekend In Walla Walla
Walla Walla also has some delicious brunch places if you are a foodie! There’s no shortage of delicious food. Because it’s Mother’s Day Weekend and Walla Walla will be packed with tourists, you’ll want to book your lunch, brunch, and dinner reservations as early as possible. Our favorite place to eat is the Kinglet at the chef’s table. Scrumptious!
Book Your Balloon Festival Tour Now
So please don’t wait; book your spot now before it’s too late. Show your mom how much you care by taking her on a wanderlust adventure to the Walla Walla Balloon Stampede hot air balloon festival. Make this Mother’s Day one for the books and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Other Good Mother’s Day Ideas
Mother’s Day is a special time to show your appreciation and love for mom. And while the Walla Walla Balloon Stampede hot air balloon festival is a truly unique and unforgettable experience, we understand that not everyone will be able to make the trip. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of other fun ideas and interesting gift ideas that are sure to make your mom feel loved and appreciated this Mother’s Day.
- Seattle Ballooning Gift Card or gift certificate: Give the gift of flight with a gift card or certificate for a hot air balloon ride in Seattle to Walla Walla. It’s a perfect way to make memories with your mom and give her a chance to experience the thrill of flying.
- Book a hot air balloon flight for your whole family in Seattle or Walla Walla
- Special dinner: Treat your mom to a special dinner at a fancy restaurant or prepare a special meal for her at home. It’s a great way to show her how much you care and allow her to relax and enjoy a delicious meal.
- Chocolate Gift Sets: Nothing says “I love you” like a sweet treat, and a chocolate gift set is a perfect way to show your mom how much you care.
- Spa day: Give your mom the gift of relaxation with a spa day. She’ll appreciate the chance to unwind and pamper herself.
- Personalized jewelry: Give your mom a gift that she’ll treasure forever with a piece of personalized jewelry.
- A gardening kit: If your mom loves to garden, get her a gardening kit. It could be a simple pot, seeds, or a customized set.
- A book or an e-book: Give your mom the gift of a good book or an e-book. It’s a great way to spend some quality time together.
- A subscription box: Give your mom the gift of surprise and excitement with a subscription box. You can choose from various options like books, beauty products, snacks, etc.
- A weekend getaway: Give your mom the gift of a weekend getaway to a nearby city or town. It’s a great way to spend some quality time together.
- A memorable experience: Give your mom a gift she’ll never forget with an unforgettable experience like a concert, play, or sporting event.
- Bottles of wine: We all know moms love a good glass of wine. Walla Walla Washington is filled with a wide selection of fantastic wineries! Nothing says I love you like a case of 12 bottles of wine!
No matter what gift you choose, the most important thing is that it comes from the heart. Whether you can take your mom to the Walla Walla Balloon Stampede hot air balloon festival or choose one of these other gift options, the important thing is that you show her how much you care. So don’t wait; pick the perfect gift for your mom and make this Mother’s Day one to remember.
Questions About Mother’s Day Weekend Walla Walla Balloon Stampede 2023
Why Is The Balloon Stampede Mother’s Day Instead Of In October This Year?
The Walla Walla Balloon Stampede is returning to its original spot on Mother’s Day weekend. It used to be held on Mother’s Day Weekend but was later moved to October for weather reasons. However, with the changing climate, it has been decided that Mother’s Day weekend would be a better fit for the festival this year.